ZEST (Emotional Support Training with extra Zing!)
At Lakeside Primary Academy we are commited to enabling our children to reach their full potential and have a healthy and successful futures. We have developed a bespoke ZEST curriculum to support this and wide range of experiences and opportunities.
Intent of the ZEST curriculum at Lakeside
- Promote emotional health and well-being across the school.
- Develop strategies with the children to increase their confidence, self-esteem and resilience.
- Strengthen relationships within school and the wider community.
- Provide a range of opportunities for children to experience elements of other cultures.
- Provide enrichment opportunities for all children.
- Provide opportunities for learners to develop skills such as problem solving, decision making and evaluating risk.
- Increase physical activity.
Implementation of the ZEST curriculum at Lakeside
ZEST is taught over several sessions each half term. The curriculum is mapped out so that it builds on previous learning each year and they theme for each term links to our school values of Ready, Respectful and Safe.
It is adapted for the needs of each individual class and the children within them.
ZEST is a mix of outdoor learning, practical activities, experiences, challenges and sharing and accepting thoughts and opinions.
By the time our children leave our school they will:
- Be able to form and maintain healthy relationships.
- Develop aspirations in order to thrive as individuals, family members and members of society.
- Be equipped to look after their physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Be able to use calming strategies to regulate their emotions.
- Have positive self-esteem.
- Appreciate difference and diversity.
- Have an awareness of financial responsibility.
Below are some examples our ZEST activities.
Paralympic Sports - Boccia